Wednesday, November 3, 2010

more appointments & retired teachers

Human Resources
Today I met with my contact in human resources, where documents for starting 'employment' with the city had to be completed. I also picked up a package of HR related brochures and documents. The HR department is located on the lower level of the Market Square building. While there, I had a chance to meet Anita Szaloky, acting director of HR. We reminisced about the Joe Flood days, and shared a few laughs.

RTO
The Retired Teachers Organization (local district) had it's fall luncheon and AGM mid-day. I am a volunteer on the board and the DHR rep for group health & travel insurance. I will have to ask the new president, Gord Osmond, to find a replacement soon. After lunch we were entertained by Dan McGeoch, a composer-folk singer of Scottish origin. His songs are very good and quite humorous. It was a good uplift for the day, as he sang about the experience of a new Canadian in Brantford.

No comments:

Post a Comment